*Extra fee to attend
Wednesday, April 2
9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Content marketing boot camp
You've heard it before: Content is The NEW Marketing . . .The NEW Public Relations . . . And the NEW way to create impassioned fans for your brand.
PR Daily and Ragan.com publisher and CEO Mark Ragan will show you how to develop a content strategy that turns prospects into buyers and converts readers into brand evangelists.
Learn how to:
- Create content so useful that people will share it over and over again
- Become the #1 destination for customers and potential customers—and do this on a tiny budget
- Integrate social media and content to boost your website traffic
- Generate sales leads by writing must-read white papers for customers
- Build a subscription list of customers, the media and key influencers and keep them coming back
- Use content curation to build a rich editorial strategy on a small budget
- Measure the success of your content strategy
|Mark Ragan is the CEO of Ragan Communications in Chicago.
12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
How to create internal videos that bring your company messages to life
Think it's impossible to use video to make your company as interesting as the latest viral sensation on YouTube? Wrong. By applying fundamentals used by broadcast news, global software company SAS engages its 13,000 employees through video. And with technology readily available to shoot, edit and broadcast videos online, it's a strategy any communications team can steal.
In this session, SAS Internal Communications Video Program Manager Lisa Arney will show you how SAS shoots video that more than just informs workers. SAS videos foster camaraderie, generate excitement and instill pride in the company. You'll see how video can work for your organization as we brainstorm ideas for bringing your message to life through video.
You'll learn how to:
- Think "off the page" when tackling your communications challenges
- Get a video program off the ground and get buy-in from senior leaders
- Make a complicated message simple for your audience
- Promote videos organically: Get employees involved in shooting them
- Measure success through more than hit counts
- Produce high-quality videos with a limited budget
- Manage video production while getting everything else done
|Lisa Arney is SAS' Internal Communications Video Program Manager.
3 p.m.-5 p.m.
How to write consumer-quality content for your organization
Use the same tactics, tricks and practices real-world media use to reach, entertain, engage, inform and motivate your audiences
There's no reason corporate communication has to be dry, boring, repetitive! Even the dullest corporate topics spring to life if you do what writers and producers in the real world do to attract and retain audiences—and apply those tactics to your own vehicles.
In this fun session, communications expert Steve Crescenzo will use dozens of examples from the real world to show you how to:
- Create compelling, consumer-quality content for all your vehicles—online, social media, multimedia, and print publications
- Cut through organizational clutter to ensure your most important messages get to your most important audiences
- Turn your audiences into powerful ambassadors with creative messages that inspire them to action
- Steal time-tested tactics from news websites, consumer magazines, entertainment sites and daily newspapers
- Think like a marketer: Create content you know your audience will pay attention to
- Get managers and leaders to buy into your new vision of consumer-quality communications
|Steve Crescenzo, CEO of Crescenzo Communications, is a leading expert in corporate and employee communication.