You’re a corporate writer.
That means you’re asked to:
- Create engaging employee publications
- Turn boring content into exciting feature stories
- “Put your spin” or “work your magic” on other people’s writing
- Grab your reader’s attention—and keep it
- Or just be a better writer
This writing series will help you do all this and more!
Join seasoned reporter Mark Ragan for three writing courses in November and he’ll teach you how to write colorful, readable prose.
More important, he’ll show you how to grab your readers’ attention—immediately.
Session 1 – November 5, 2012
How to write, edit & produce a great employee publication
Session 2 – November 12, 2012
Write a great feature story without boring your readers—or yourself!
Session 3 – November 19, 2012
Headlines, leads and quotes: Engage your reader with your first five words
Each session teaches you new ways to make your writing better and more interesting for your readers.
Come get real-world examples from excellent writers and communicator colleagues, and you’ll learn:
- The top employee publications from Ragan's recent awards competition and the elements that make them amazing
- How to practice the fundamentals of 'Refrigerator Journalism' and make your publication indispensable to employees
- How the Internet and social media have forever changed the way employees read, and how YOU can take advantage of those changes
- The two top writing tricks that get you past writer's block and allow you to write faster and more creatively
- How to grab the reader by the lapels in your first paragraph
- Five ways to break down complex subjects in your story research
- How to add color and emotion to a story without leaving your desk
- Apply the fundamentals of good writing to any medium—for an employee pub, a blog or your executive's podcast
- Make your copy more interactive to engage the Web 2.0 crowd and increase your reach
- Use creative techniques and write irresistible headlines
- Find the buried lead and bring it to the top
- Develop five good habits of writing lead sentences
- Add power to your writing–eliminate unnecessary words
- And so much more!
Click the tabs above to get a full description of each session, and then register for the series that boosts your writing skills and gives your writing the punch and pizzazz you want!