Print is not dead—so don't believe the naysayers.
The readers of Ragan.com produce great print magazines and newsletters for employees every day. We know because we review them, and we judge them in our annual awards competitions.
But in a world dominated by Twitter and Facebook, you rarely hear about the roles of the print editor and writer.
So what goes into producing a successful, engaging employee publication — one that YOU love producing?
Here's what you'll learn from the publisher of Ragan.com and PR Daily:
- The top three employee publications from the Ragan Awards Competition and the elements that make them amazing
- How to practice 'Refrigerator Journalism' and make your publication indispensable to employees
- The top three mistakes employee editors make and how to avoid them
- How the Internet and social media have changed the way employees read, and how to take advantage of those changes
- How to use a simple dollar bill to measure whether your copy is too heavy
- The role of the cover or titles page in newsletters and magazines. (Most employee publications get this wrong!)
- The two top writing tricks that get you past writer's block and writing faster (and more creatively)
This course is packed with real examples from the corporate and organizational world.
There is no pie-in-the-sky theory in Mark's presentation.