BEST PRACTICES IN SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS
Welcome with Mark Ragan
Strategies for the changing nature and pace of communications
In today's 24/7 global communications environment it's harder than ever to know what to say when and what messages should travel through which channels. It's becoming more challenging to understand what will have the most impact with your target audience. It is also becoming more difficult to strategically respond to competitive opportunities or threats when the pace of communications is instant. Timely action and response is of the essence. Frank Shaw will share the things he's learned over the past several years about the changing nature and pace of communications, with an emphasis on competitive PR.
Attend this session and you'll learn:
- What social strategies work best around competitive PR
- How to best balance a timely response with need for legal review and involvement
- How to identify a best practice
- What to measure to know you've had impact reaching your target audience around competitive communications
- When to take a risk and when not to act
|Frank X Shaw (@FXShaw), Corporate Vice President of Corporate Communications, Microsoft
Turn fans into advocates through influencer engagement
Your most active customers are often your biggest fans. These customers help you be a better business and reveal deep insights into how you should connect with all customers. But how do you motivate these super-fans to act and advocate on behalf of your brand?
In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Engage and activate brand enthusiasts. Find out where they supply crucial value in your product and customer lifecycles
- Build deeper relationships with your most engaged, influential customers
- Bind these influencers tighter to your brand: extend their reach and sway
|Sean O’Driscoll (@seanodmvp), CEO and co-founder, Ant's Eye View
Build your brand on Pinterest: How to create content, engage with your target audience and drive traffic back to your website
In the past year Pinterest has quickly grown to be the hottest new social media platform, receiving press for its rapid growth and ability to drive more referral traffic on the Web than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined. It allows brands to engage with their target audience in a visual way like never before.
In this session, Maia McDonald will share her insight into how to "pin" content on your own boards, build and engage a following, and drive traffic back to your websites. You'll learn how to best use this platform for your brand, and you will walk away with the knowledge to integrate it into your digital repertoire so you can stay one step ahead of the competition.
In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Find what opportunities exist for Fortune 500 brands and small businesses
- Set up a Pinterest account and create boards
- Locate and engage influencers on Pinterest
- Determine the optimal content strategy and frequency of posts
- Integrate your existing social platforms with Pinterest
- Create contests to engage followers
- Tell stories using Pinterest board layouts
- Determine the staff and resources that need to be dedicated to Pinterest
|Maia McDonald (@DesignConundrum), freelance graphic designer, blogger and Pinterest consultant
Tweet like you mean it: Stay fun and engaging across multiple accounts while maintaining a consistent brand message
Establishing one account on Twitter can be tricky enough for any brand, but branching out into multiple handles can be incredibly daunting. Add official Twitter handles for employees and brand-related personalities into the mix and it can be overwhelming. But it doesn't have to be a chore. Here to help is Marvel's own Ryan Penagos, who, in addition to his personal account of @Agent_M, manages the accounts for @Avengers and @RealDeadpool and leads the team behind @Marvel, influencing nearly 2 million highly engaged followers on a daily basis. And while working with, assisting and supporting roughly 500 Marvel creators, staff members, partners, affiliates and characters through their own additional Twitter activity, he knows how hectic things can get.
In this session, you'll get insight on:
- The importance of balancing multiple handles
- When to expand your scope and when to keep your tweets isolated
- Why keeping the brand consistent doesn't mean you can't establish unique voices
- How to create excitement around an event, such as the release of Marvel's "The Avengers" film, utilizing multiple handles
- Directing the conversation and knowing when to take a cue from your followers
|Ryan Penagos (@Agent_M), Executive Editorial Director for Marvel Entertainment's Digital Media Group
The five-step social media plan: A practical set-by-step guide to developing a social media strategy within your organization
You've been hearing about the "why" for two years. Now it's time to dig deep into the "how." In this practical, hands-on workshop, leading social media practitioner Maggie Fox, CEO of Social Media Group, one of the world's largest independent agencies helping organizations navigate the new socially engaged Web, will take you through the process you need to follow in order to develop a sensible, aligned social media strategy.
In this session you will learn:
- The four key stages you need to move through in order to develop an aligned and successful plan
- How to get buy-in within your organization
- The importance of effective internal communication as you execute
- The role of education in sustaining social media efforts within your organization
- Maturing a social media plan: what to plan for and think about in year two
- Insight into how large global organizations have successfully implemented social media tactics and strategies—as well as some of the lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid
- The latest statistics, research and demographic information about social media adoption within the enterprise
Disney Parks Social Media Content: Creating Magical Experiences
Similar to Walt Disney’s original idea for Disneyland, the Disney Parks social media program is driven by the simple notion that making guests happy is a key to success. Since launching the successful Walt Disney World Moms Panel, Disney Parks Blog and other channels, the program’s strategy has revolved around listening, building relationships, creating and sharing relevant stories and participating in online conversations. Disney Parks has a series of real-world case studies and examples to share as well as the secret to what keeps the company’s most powerful social program moving forward and grabbing attention.
Attend this session and you'll learn:
- The importance of purposeful storytelling
- Why Disney Parks social operates like a next-generation newsroom
- Disney’s secret to moving a social program forward
- Why doing social right demands creativity
- How to highlight the best of your company in the social space
- The key to creating experiences worth sharing
- How to build structure around your content
|Thomas Smith (@ThomasSmith) is Social Media Director at Disney Destinations
Gamification: How to integrate gaming into your current social strategy
Gamification is transforming business strategies across organizations large and small. Whether it's about reaching consumers in new and dynamic ways, or getting employees to get—and stay—engaged with the organization, gamification is the ultimate technique in the communications arsenal. Though it sounds like fun, getting gamification right isn't child's play.
In this fast-paced session, join author and chief designer at Dopamine, Gabe Zichermann, as he covers how to:
- Integrate gaming into your current social strategy
- Determine the right games for your audience based on their engagement levels
- Define a winning gamification strategy and deliver the right, scalable rewards to your audience
- Convince the c-suite that gaming is a must—show them the ROI
|Gabe Zichermann (@GZicherm), Conference Chair, Gamification Summit, and Editor, Gamification.Co
How mobile video can make you a communication hero
Smartphones and tablets are the new best friends of corporate communicators. They are portable, connected and multitalented. You can push their powerful versatility in new and creative ways that will far exceed their traditional uses. Through practical demonstrations, Drew Keller and Paolo Tosolini will show you how to exploit the multimedia capabilities of mobile devices. At the end of this session you'll be able to transform your stories through mobile video.
In this session you'll learn how to:
- Create powerful photo montages out of your pictures
- Master best practices to shoot and edit interviews with your mobile phone
- Use tags and videos to promote your products and services
- Live-stream an event from your phone
- Surprise your team using Augmented Reality
|Drew Keller (@DrewKeller), Owner, StoryGuide, and Paolo Tosolini (@Tosolini), Director of Digital and Emerging Media, Run Studios
Deliver digital marketing success:
8 steps PR professionals can take to maximize social media
As traditional marketing and social media become increasingly adopted for building relationships with existing and prospective customers, what is the value of social media for PR professionals engaging in a business-to-business environment?
Join Dux Raymond Sy as he shares practical strategies, tips and best practices on how PR professionals can best maximize social media for marketing, brand awareness, customer engagement and sales acquisition. You'll see real-world examples of how utilizing social media can generate legitimate results, including increased business leads and loyalty among existing customers.
In this interactive closing keynote, you will learn how to:
- Distinguish the value of various social media channels for your PR initiatives
- Establish relevant metrics for measuring digital marketing success
- Amplify corporate messaging with an industry "echo" system
- Integrate social media channels with existing marketing initiatives and sales efforts
- Leverage internal and external tools like SharePoint, SocialOomph, Google Analytics and Feed Burner to manage social media activities
- Drive a targeted social media campaign for brand awareness, lead generation, customer engagement and partner initiatives
- Create a strategic social media roadmap for your organization
Participants will receive a workshop recording, digital marketing templates and checklists, and a strategic social media roadmap template.
|Dux Raymond Sy (@MeetDux), PMP Managing Partner, Innovative-e