Every email, report, and presentation tells a story.
We're not talking about just grammar and punctuation.
We're talking about communicating the right business message, crafted to get action.
Our (re)introduction to business writing will improve your workplace communication, regardless of where you are in your career.
Unlike any other business writing training, we borrow lessons from creative writing to make workplace communication clear and compelling. This workshop is an interactive, powerful mix of instruction, story craft, on-your-feet exercises, individual feedback, and advanced editing and revision.
Best of all, you'll spend most of the workshop advancing a project from your own to-do list. By the end of the day you'll have applied potent practical strategies to a project straight from your desk. That's right. You'll learn and have fun while getting your work done.
You will leave this workshop with:
- A strong understanding of why and how stories work in business
- The Six Essential Questions to ask before you start writing
- The Four Ds in a call to action that actually gets action
- Practical strategies to structure and present messages
- New methods for identifying and understanding your audiences
- A clear path to writing and revising that saves you time and energy (and money)
- A new confidence in your own skills and creativity
Who should attend?
- Print or online writers and editors
- Managers of internal communications
- PR and media relations writers
- Web site content producers
- Executive communicators