Noon to 1:00 p.m.
Guess what PR pros? You're data scientists, too
In the digital age, content is still the undisputed champion. We don't connect to crowds'we connect to individuals within the crowds. PR professionals must grow their roles as practitioners into roles of data scientists in order to increase brand awareness and build customer engagement. Brandi Boatner, digital experience manager at IBM, will discuss how analytics can help PR pros better understand customers and anticipate their future behavior and needs.
In this session, you will learn:
- To better understand your customers through data
- How measurement can increase retention and turn customers into advocates
- How data scientists are a hybrid of business analysts and artistic storytellers
- How metrics can more effectively shape your organization's narrative
- Why PR pros must embrace the necessity for measurement
Brandi Boatner'is the digital experience manager for'IBM's Global Technology Services'in New York City.
Use data to pitch the right journalists and build relationships with the press
Pitching the right journalist used to be a guessing game. Now there's a science and an art to finding the perfect journalist to pitch your story to. Dramatically increase your media placements by using article and social media data. In this session, you'll see exactly how to connect with and pitch journalists on social media and beyond. You'll learn advanced media relations straight from Muck Rack's survey of 25,000+ journalists.
In this session, you'll learn:
- Search techniques to find the perfect journalist to pitch
- How to pitch and build relationships with journalists
- How to use social media to respond first to media queries
- Guidelines to contact reporters on social media without offending them
- The do's and don'ts of pitching on social media and by email
- How to supply videos, photos, & infographics multimedia reporters want
- Rapid-response PR: Tools to monitor news, adjust your media tactics fast, and report your PR effect
Gregory Galant'is co-founder and CEO of'Muck Rack'and'Sawhorse Media.
Show me the money: PR measurement metrics that impress the C-suite
This virtual class will discuss the fundamentals of search engine optimization in language and examples tailored for communicators'public relations professionals, copywriters, marketers, etc. You will learn to see the message as a search engine "robot" might see it. Then you'll see how to craft your message in a way that will ensure that the machines understand it the same way the human audience will. You'll also look at methods for selecting which words and phrases to target to achieve your desired results, and examine when it's appropriate to use SEO to inform the content vs. letting the business case or the campaign override keyword considerations.
In this session, you'll learn:
- Metrics that matter to the C-suite
- Proving performance optimization and innovation in PR
- Data analytics for the PR pro
- Tools and resources for measurement
- Reporting to executive leadership
Sandra Fathi'is the president and founder of'Affect, a PR, marketing and social media agency.