Now is the time to plan—not a two-month nightmare, but a structured process to support you in producing your best annual report.
In this hands-on manual, based on our research of hundreds of 2007's best annual reports and results from our comprehensive global survey, you will learn how to:
- Write a message from the CEO to establish credibility in an age of skepticism
- Structure the discussion of operations to make sense of the past year—and inspire confidence in the future
- Adapt best practices in photography, design, graphs and presentation
- Honor key constituents: employees, customers and investors
- Underscore your commitment to society and the community
- Advance your culture and chart the course for the year ahead
This how-to manual will support you in the technical execution of your annual report, with templates, tip sheets, examples and best practices on: interviewing, writing, editing, photography, design, storytelling and production—and:
Bonus sections: Explore your creative options
Special bonus features
- Average budgets for annual reports—and budget allocations for writing, printing, design and mailing
- Annual report scheduling
- Primary audiences for annual reports and means of researching audiences
- Barriers to anticipate and overcome
- Benefits of annual reports
- Means of measurement
- Employee annual reports: A seven-part structure for tailoring the corporate annual report to your most important constituents, with best practices
- Summary annual reports: Satisfy the SEC, while saving costs
- Putting it online: Harness the power of the Web—and avoid the mistakes most online reports make
- Measure the impact and ROI of your report: Most don't. The best do. Here's how.
- Annual report resources, based on the best work of your peers
- Numbered templates, tip sheets and checklists to keep you on track
- A step-by-step analysis of the best contemporary work in annual reports
- A multimedia CD displaying more than 100 full-color, informative, representative pages of this year's best annual reports—and links to the best online reports and streaming video
- Your all-in-one toolkit: "How to produce an irresistible annual report"
- Results of the global survey: "The Annual Report 2007"